navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Restaurant Rave: The Fat Radish NYC


 image courtesy of  www.in-nycsite.com

While in New York City this past weekend, my hostess took me to a trendy dinner spot in the lower east side called The Fat Radish. I fell in love. The decor was cozy and simple and the menu was unique. The restaurant is very vegetarian friendly and specializes in healthy well-sourced food. Instead of serving bread before the meal, they serve radishes with a light drizzle of olive oil - delicious! What really intrigued me was that even in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the U.S., they are serving up lots of items from local farms. Many ingredients come from just outside the city - NY and New Jersey. My friend and I split the celery root pot pie and and the Montauk scallops. Both were incredible....we gobbled most of it up before I got a chance to snap a photo:


So next time you are in NYC, and looking to score points on your Practically Green account by eating at an eco-aware restaurant, check out The Fat Radish - it is now officially on my list of favorite restaurants!

No comments:

Post a Comment