image courtesy of greenwithrenvy.blogspot.com
- Local Business - The product is designed by a company within the USA or Canada.
- Locally Manufactured - The product is produced within the USA or Canada.
- Locally Sourced - The materials used to manufacture the product are sourced from within
500 miles of the production site.
- Nontoxic - The inks, dyes, and/or finishes used in the creation of the product have
minimum impact on the planet and are not harmful to people.
- Organic - The materials used to create the product are Certified Organic.
- Recycled/ Reclaimed - The materials used to make the product previously existed.
- Recyclable/ Biodegradable - At the end of its current use, the product can be used again
- Renewable - The materials used to create the product are from natural, renewable
- Values Driven Company - The company that produces the product demonstrates
a commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
- Responsible Production/ Manufacturing - The methods used to produce the product
are focused on energy efficiency, waste reduction, and worker protection.
- Fairly Traded - The people that create the products are paid a fair, living wage and there
is a commitment to social and environmental standards.
- Responsible Distribution - The product is shipped in a manner that minimizes waste
and carbon emissions.