navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 25, 2013

Walkscore

Last week I discovered the tool Walkscore as highlighted on the Planet Southie blog. Walkscore rates locations on a scale of 1-100 based on ability to walk to grocery stores, restaurants, drug stores, entertainment, etc. This allows users to gauge the transportation footprint of a neighborhood before moving there. My apartment address in the North End scored a 100% which was exciting. Though, I wasn't too surprised, I walk everywhere! My childhood home in the suburbs north of Boston scored a mere 8%! This must be why I love living in the city so much. Definitely check out Walkscore and play around - its an interesting way to see what your transportation needs are compared to other places.

image courtesy of googlemapsbikethere.org

No comments:

Post a Comment