navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hair Spray Review



Dry winter air = static hair. I have frizzy wavy hair and have tried lots of products to tame and smooth my hair. Hair products are basically bottles of chemicals, so searching for a healthy hair spray alternative was no easy task. After reading lots of labels, I settled on Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hair Spray by Alterna. The claims were promising: No parabens, sulfates,synthetic dyes, phthalates, GMOs, or triclosan. And though none of it was third-party verified, I was excited to read this:

"This product is made with sustainable ingredients that are ethically traded, eco-certified, fair-trade compliant, and certified organic. The production and sale of the ingredients aids in supporting the development of local communities.    This product does not contain sodium chloride, gluten, and TEA phthalates."

So now you're probably wondering: does it work? Yes, it works well as a medium-hold hair spray. I suggest using it with a light touch because over-spraying makes hair look greasy. Although it didn't have as firm a hold as my previous hairspray, my hair styling lasted all night, and I was delighted to see that my hair was still straight the next morning - no need to brush before brunch!


I highly suggest this product for women with thick or frizzy hair. Girls with straight or more oil-prone hair may want to try a different product though because the organic kendi oils and bamboo extracts may make the hair look wet. (On thick hair, these oils have a great smoothing and shining effect). 

This product is not yet reviewed on the EWG Skin Deep Database. 

No comments:

Post a Comment