navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Recovery: Clean & Green Teeth!

Snap out of that sugar coma! The day after Halloween is the perfect time to ramp up your dental health routine, and maybe make it more sustainable. I happen to be a huge fan of Tom's of Maine Simply White Toothpaste. It is sustainably and ethically produced, packaged in recycled materials, and still makes my mouth feel fresh. Plus it has safe and clinically proven whitening ingredients.


However, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mouthwash. I am currently using Tom's of Maine Peppermint Mouthwash, and I love the green aspects of this product, but it is a little sweet for my liking. I would love to hear from readers that have a favorite sustainable mouthwash!

Finally, it is important to floss, but often, floss is coated in petroleum based/plasticy feeling waxes. However, there are safer alternatives widely available in most drugstores. It takes a little label-reading, but Tom's of Maine is always a good bet, and their floss is rated very well on the EWG Skin Deep Database. 

My next green goal is to purchase a toothbrush made from recycled materials! 

1 comment:

  1. I love Tom's, too. I don't know why it took so long for me to switch to it. I think I was worried hippy toothpaste wouldn't work as well. Silly.

    ReplyDelete