navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tarte High Def Inner Rim Eyeliner

I am so done putting chemicals in and on my eyes! Time for beautiful makeup that is safe to use and has minimal environmental impact. It can be difficult to find eco-friendly makeup because there aren't many green brands sold in area drug stores. Besides Burt's Bee's, I  haven't seen much in CVS stores or Walgreen's in the Boston area. Many eco-beauty websites recommend Miessence, but it is very hard to find these products in stores, because the products are sold by individuals (think Avon). Luckily for me, Sephora has a nice big Tarte Cosmetics counter.
     Tarte is a moderately priced cosmetics company that makes effective products from natural ingredients. Their products aren't USDA certified organic or anything, but they make a great effort to make all of their products chemical-free. I recently purchased  the emphasEYES™ eyeliner natural high definition inner rim eyeliner pencil and I love it! At first it was a little difficult to use because the color didn't spread as easily as my previous eyeliner, but once I got the hang of it, I was completely sold!

Before

After (including Physician's Formula Organic Mascara)

The eyeliner does not contain parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, or fragrance. It is also cruelty-free and packaged in eco-conscious cardboard with soy-based inks. 


Yay for beeswax and mineral eyeliner like this one!

1 comment:

  1. Tarte is one of my favorite brands. Their mascaras are amazing too. And I can't say enough about their Park Ave. Princess bronzer.

    ReplyDelete