navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Celebrate Local Agriculture at the Topsfield Fair

This week is the Topsfield Fair! Since I grew up nearby, the fair was always one of my favorite childhood activities. Now that I'm older (and less inclined to go on the rickety-looking rides) I see the fair as a wonderful celebration of local food and agriculture. Its easy how many farms there are in Massachusetts, and the fair does a great job of highlighting them. Not all local farms are organic, or "green," but its still feels good to support the local economy.

Plus, the fair had more recycling bins around than I've seen in the past! Make sure to check out the fair soon, it ends on the 8th!

See baby calves in the cattle barn.

Visit the hatchery and see chicks being born.

And everyone's favorite - the giant pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment