image courtesy of eventjubilee.com
2. Either use reusable cups, or supply a sharpie marker so that people can put their name on their disposable cup and use it throughout the day.
3. Choose beers from local breweries.
4. Skip the corned beef - stick with vegetarian fare like cabbage and mashed potatoes.
5. Avoid disposable decorations. No need to go to Party City just because its a theme day.
6. Decorate with plants. As an alternative to green plastic decor, decorate with green potted plants, perhaps clover?
7. Avoid driving. There is bound to be traffic in and out of Boston, so choose public transit or bike if its nice out.
8. Since green is the color of St. Patrick's Day, its a great time to wear one of your eco-themed shirts since most of them probably feature green as well. I'm thinking of wearing my Boston Green Drinks t shirt!
Most of all, have a safe and fun holiday!