navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In My Grocery Bag


Above is my loot from last night's trip to Whole Foods. My strategy for green grocery shopping on a budget is to go to Whole Foods only for items that are hard to find at my local (cheaper) market. For example, I know my local store carries organic salad mix, so at Whole Foods, I just get organic versions my fav salad toppers such as walnuts and dried cranberries. And while many grocers carry Annie's products, Whole Foods has the USDA certified organic versions for only 10 cents more! Plus, there is no denying that the body section of Whole Foods as a better selection of natural/organic/local products than other grocery stores or drug stores. I picked up some phosphate-free laundry detergent, all natural shampoo (with Tea Tree, which my scalp needs in this weather), and a toothbrush made from recycled yogurt cartons.

No comments:

Post a Comment