navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: Burt's Bees Radiance Body Lotion


    I recently purchased Burt's Bees Radiance Body Lotion and incorporated it into my daily routine. The lotion feels nourishing and isn't very thick, so dries quickly. And though I was skeptical about the "natural mica to enhance skin tone," I did notice a soft shimmer that looked quite nice. However, I was shocked when I looked up this product on the EWG Skin Deep Database because it is rated a 5, meaning it is a moderate health concern. Sadly, this is a higher rating than many of the natural moisturizers I've used in the past. The data on EWG explains that this is mostly due to the added artificial fragrances which are concerns because of neurotoxicity and possible allergies. Its too bad because this lotion smells great! I am definitely not allergic to this product (so far) so, my concern is actually probably lower than a 5. I like the product and will continue to use it, but because of its health rating, I probably won't buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment