navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 1, 2011

Pet Peeve: Why No Clothesline?!


I moved to the North End two years ago. I've lived in the same apartment the whole time and I absolutely love it. It is perfect for me - close to my friends and work and I have a great deal. However, I have one issue with my apartment, I am not allowed to hang a clothes line outside! I live on the top floor, so it would be super-easy to set one up on the roof, but I signed in my lease that I wouldn't. Hmmphh.

Air drying clothes is great because your clothes won't shrink, it preserves the colors, you'll save energy and money, and the sun makes your whites whiter! I know that people want to keep the North End looking clean because it is such a tourist destination, but I happen to think clothes lines are cute and quaint! I'm sure the tourists wouldn't mind!

3 comments:

  1. Here is the real question - do you have a laundry machine? IF I had a laundry machine in my apartment I might hand a drying line...but I have to go to the laundromat and I don't want to lug home wet cothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have a laundry machine...but since I can't have an outdoor clothesline, it doesn't matter much anyway. BUT.... I try to only put my clothes in the drier for 20 - 25 minutes max. That is my compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so maybe just half-dry your clothes?

    ReplyDelete