Monday, August 29, 2011
7 Ways to Green Your Tailgate
Football season is finally here! Here are a few super simple sustainable tips to enjoy the games!
1. Bring Re-usable flatware, plates and cups. If that isn't possible for your tailgate, opt for a biodegradable brand of one time use dinnerware.
2. Stock up on veggie burgers and organic veggies to make your grilling session well-rounded.
3. Expand your pallet with some organic beers (like Peak Organic)
4. Don't forget solar powered i-pod speakers.
5. Turn OFF your car engine and battery during the tailgate. I know its tempting to keep your car on in order to use the air conditioning or radio, but its not worth it!
6. Be prepared for the weather - bring rain gear!
7. Carpool - obvi!