navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lazy Chef: Healthy Chips?


During a marathon shop at Whole Foods in Beacon Hill, I came accross a very intriguing snack: Rhythm Superfoods Kale Chips in Kool Ranch flavor (doritos anyone?!). This whole bag of chips had only 200 calories and contained like a bajillion percent vitamin A as well as substantial doses of vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron. The price was pretty hefty at about $6, but I decided to give them a shot. Plus they are vegan and gluten free.

They weren't so much chips as crunchy clusters. They were delicious, but the clusters were a bit tricky to eat without making a crumbly mess, and I was disappointed to see that the whole bottom of the bag was filled with crumbs. All in all, kale chips were a great, simple, feel-good late night snack, but at $6 for a tiny bag filled a quarter of the way with crumbs... I probably will not buy them again. I'll probably just stick with my Annie's Cheddar Bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment