navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review: FakeBake Shimmer Medium Instant Tan Lotion

We all know that tanning beds are horrible for our health, but that doesn't stop us from wanting a nice warm glow. I've been on the hunt to find some great self tanners, and I recently tried a sample of Shimmer Medium Instant Tan Lotion Wash-Off by FakeBake. I like the idea of a wash-off self tanner because even if the product contains some chemicals, at least it washes off in the shower and doesn't sit on your skin for days at a time like more permanent tanners.




Pros___________                                                    Cons______________
-Washes off                                                              -Not rated on Skin Deep database
-Paraben free                                                            -Limited ingredient info on fakebake.com
-Won't permanently stain clothing                               -Contains synthetic fragrance
-Not tested on animals                                               -A bit dark for my skin tone
-Moderate price ($20)
-"Not chemically based"
-Effective

Conclusion: While this isn't the "greenest" skin product I've come across, it is one of the healthier self-tanning options.The formula is plant based, not chemically based which makes me hopeful, but it is not yet rated on the EWG skindeep database. The product is also very effective and looks natural. I hope that FakeBake comes out with an "unscented" version - if so, I'll likely purchase a tube. Until then, I'm keeping my eyes out for something with a little more information available.

No comments:

Post a Comment