navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Offset your Jet Set

My calendar for September is filling with fun trips and opportunities, however, part of me feels a bit guilty about  flying to my destinations. Yesterday, I did a little research into purchasing carbon offsets, and it looks quite easy! And to my relief, purchasing offsets for my trips isn't that expensive!

To offset your trips (or anything else you do that is carbon-intensive) go to CarbonFund.org  and look over to the right side of the home page where it has offset options for "individuals." Then you use the carbon calculator for whatever you want to offset, and pay. Your money goes to a variety of programs that the Carbon Fund supports including renewable energy development projects, reforestation, and forest protection. And if you decide to purchase offsets from a different organization other than Carbon Fund, make sure to do some research into where your money is going!


No comments:

Post a Comment