navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lazy Chef: Broccoli Mac & Cheese

I am introducing a new series of posts to BGB: Lazy Chef. My lazy chef posts will feature my own super-easy recipes for healthy vegetarian eating. I do NOT enjoy cooking, but I certainly enjoy eating, so I am excited to share my tricks for quick satisfying meals with a fairly low carbon footprint. My first lazy chef post is Broccoli Mac & Cheese, which I actually ate for dinner last night!
   



AND                                    =
                               
 
 
 




Cook the pasta as directed, and while waiting for it to cook, defrost/heat the broccoli in the microwave. Usually 2-3 minutes in the microwave should do it. Strain the pasta and put back in the pot and add the warm broccoli. Stir. Add cheese packet, 2 TBs of organic olive oil and a handful of grated cheese, Stir. Top with bread crumbs and serve!

This recipe is made with mostly organic ingredients and has more nutritional value than regular mac & cheese. It is delicious and will ast for more than one meal if you are cooking just for yourself.

Prep time - 0 min ...everything is already prepped!
Cook time - 7-10 min

No comments:

Post a Comment