image courtesy of eminayiden.wordpress.com
Here are 5 quick tips for reducing your water use this spring:
1. Your yard is probably looking pretty nasty after a snowy winter, but let it grow naturally this spring - don't water or fertilize!
2. Spring cleaning? Be mindful how much water you use for household cleaning - does your mop bucket really need to be that full?
3. Adjust your lawn mower to a higher setting. Longer grass shades root systems and holds soil moisture better than a closely clipped lawn, so you don't need to water as often.
4. Car covered in salt and sand after the winter? Research carwashes before going - some reuse water!
5. Spring is a great time to re-asses your daily routine. Consider a shower timer and aim for 5 minute showers or less.