1. Cardigan. A classic cardigan is the simplest way to wear a summer dress into the fall months.
2. A scarf. Scarves are my fav - they are cute and cover that skin that may no longer be appropriate later in the year - and make all t-shirts work appropriate!
3. Tights. Don't be afraid of nude nylons! They give an extra layer of warmth and most people won't even be able to tell you're wearing them - trust me. Then, when it really gets cold, switch to grey/brown/black/navy tights.
4. Booties. Skirts and flip flops are on their way out, but booties are perfect for that skirt before you go into knee-high boot mode.
5. Blazer. Like a cardigan, a blazer will not only dress up your look, it will also keep you nice and toasty.
All Images Courtesy of Pinterest