If finally finished reading The Eco Chick Guide to Life. Yes, I know I am a slow reader. I thought I'd share what I thought were the most memorable peices of the book:
1. The average woman will ingest about 4 lbs of libstick in her lifetime. Check labels before purchasing lipsticks and balm so that you don't end up eating petroleum, parabens, and synthetic dyes.
2. Do NOT reuse takeout containers in the microwave. These containers are not microwave safe and will leach chmicals into your food.
3. Alpaca wool is the next big eco-fiber.
4. Sun-drying clothes kills bacteria naturally while also whitening whites.
5. On average, eating meat contributes more to a person's carbon footprint than driving.
6. Shaving with a reusable razor is usually the most eco-friendly hair removal option for women.
7. Cat nip deters cockroaches ...weird
8. Herbs and spices pack an insane amount of antioxidants.