navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wish List: Fall Boots

I am in the market for a new pair of boots for the fall/winter season. Last winter was pretty mild and I made it through the whole season without boots, and my pair before that got completely destroyed after a few winters of college in Upstate NY. My dilemma is that leather boots would be the most practical, but, as we all know, leather is much more carbon-intensive than vegetarian or vegan materials. So I am going to compromise. I am considering purchasing a pair of leather boots - but very high quality boots that will last me a long time, that way I won't have to get a new pair and throw out old ones every year. Conclusion: Frye boots. Frye boots are gorgeous and extremely high quality. Frye is the oldest continuously running shoe company in the United States. Soldiers wore Frye boots during the Civil War!

So while, leather may not be the most eco-friendly choice, I am still aware of the Reduce, Reuse Recycle aspect of purchasing quality, long-lasting items. Besides, who can resist these:

No comments:

Post a Comment