image courtesy of Adventures in Cooking
- Eating a plant-based diet significantly reduces your carbon footprint. Roughly, a vegetarian diet produces half as much greenhouse gases as a typical American omnivore diet.
- A recent study shows that vegetarians live 20% longer than their meat-eating counterparts.
- Non-meat protein sources are delicious too!
- Its easy to grow your own veggies and/or buy local in-season veggies, which reduces your carbon footprint even further.
- You no longer have to worry about the horrors of factory farming and living conditions for animals.