source image courtesy of Maria Starzyk
Its gardening season! It is great to finally be outdoors, growing flowers and cultivating your own food. Here are a few quick ways to make your gardening practices water efficient.
1. Do you use a dehumidifier? Use the water the machine collects to hydrate your garden!
2. Collect rain water in a rain barrel for later use in your yard.
3. Water your garden in the early morning or late evening to prevent excess evaporation.
4. Use an efficient hose attachment, or hose water meter.
5. Plant hardy crops that require less water.
6. Take a bucket in the shower with you to collect water - if its not too soapy, you can use it on your plants!