source image courtesy of Savor Home
Cold temps are headed back to Boston, so here are a few ways to increase heat flow in your home without turning up the thermostat:
1. Locate your heaters in each room and move away any furniture or clutter that could be blocking it. Pull all couches and other furniture out at least a foot.
2. Turn on ceiling fans for about 5 minutes every few hours in order to recirculate heat.
3. Weatherize all windows with clear coating to prevent heat from escaping.
4. If you have a working fireplace or wood burning stove, use it!
5. Leave your oven door open for a few minutes after you finish cooking meals. (WARNING: make sure your oven is off!)
6. Leave bathroom door open when showering.
7. Turn your thermostat down 4-5 degrees each night or when leaving your home for an extended period of time.
For more ideas, check out these 26 tips for home heating.