source image courtesy of iphonehacks
- Buy only what you need. Impulse buying often ends up being wasteful.
- Find out where the item will be shipped from. You might be able to buy an option from a closer location.
- Look for quality. Items should last a long time. Think about the end-of-life of each product you buy.
- Consider experiential gifts (which can usually be purchased online).
- Ask your loved ones for wish lists - this will reduce the likelihood of returns after the holidays.
- Look for green/environmentally themed gifts to spread the message of climate change awareness.