Inspired by my recent trip to Brimfield Flea Market, I've decided to share my tips on second hand shopping at flea markets!
1. Early birds pay more for the worm. Later in the market, dealers are rushing to get rid of their goods and are more likely to give you a good price.
2. Curate carefully. Don't make hasty purchases, you don't want to end up having to get rid of the item yourself.
3. Bring cash. It is easier to haggle with!
4. Look out for toxic materials. Just because something is second hand, doesn't mean its green! Be wary of lead based paint, bpa, mercury, etc.
5. Know what you want. Go to the market with a list. Surf pinterest for DIY/upcycling ideas before you go.
6. Make sure you can fit everything in the car before you pay. Many flea market vendors offer delivery services, but don't waste the gas if there's no need.
Most of all, have fun. You know what they say, one person's trash is another's treasure!