navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DIY Eco Spa Day

image courtesy of .jfloboutiqueandsalon.com

You're at home on a Sunday and you know the upcoming week is going to be stressful. Start the week off in the right frame of mind by letting yourself completely relax on Sunday with a DIY spa day! Of course, traditional home spa products contain lots of synthetic chemicals, so to avoid that, I am sharing my favorite natural picks.

1. First, cleanse your face using Nature's Beauty(works) towelettes. I tried a free sample of these a couple of weeks ago, and I love them. All varieties of the towelettes are rated a 2 or below (lowest hazard) on SkinDeep. They are a super-convenient way of removing makeup. 

2. Second, get into comfy clothes. My suggestion: an organic cotton bathrobe

3. Time to apply a face mask! Lately, I've been using Burt's Bees Clary Sage Intense Hydration Treatment Mask, which I now use once a week for smooth, soft skin. The company sent it to me in December, and it works wonderfully for weather-damaged skin. 

4. Next, I sit back relax, and place Earth Therapeutics Eye Pads over my closed eyelids. The eye pads are great for reducing puffiness, and have a good rating on SkinDeep (except for their use of Retinyl Palmitate).

5. RELAX! Listen to soft music, or use this time for meditation. I usually take 15 - 20 minutes. 

6. To finish, rinse off with a cold shower. Most of the hydration mask will have absorbed, but a short shower is the best way to remove the excess product and get the rest of your body feeling fresh. The cold water is not only good for your pores, but uses less energy than a hot shower.

Viola! Within an hour, you're feeling beautiful and ready for the week! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this nice information regarding regarding I really appreciate your work, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete