navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Secret Weapons of a Successful Diet

   I try to be healthy by exercising regularly and eating a balanced diet that is low in calories. I, however, really dislike artificial sweetners, so the key to my diet is to find things that are NATURALLY low in calories and foods that are natural metabolism boosters.

Here are my secret weapons:
Cayenne Pepper
Known to increase metabolism, adding a dash of cayenne adds flavor and a health boost to pretty much anything!



Green Tea
No Calories AND is a natural metabolism booster. I drink either hot or iced green tea everyday! Add mint or lemon for a calorie-free flavor boost. Plus, caffeine is an appetite suppressant.

Mustard
Mustard naturally has NO calories, so I use it wherever I would normally use mayo (sandwiches, egg salad, with sweet potato fries, etc!)


Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has no calories, so splash a little into a glass of water or seltzer to add some flavor instead of drinking regular fruit juices which are high in sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment