navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Plum Island




Plum Island in Newburyport, MA is one of my absolute favorite beaches. Its an easy drive from home, has gorgeous views, charming summer cottages, fairly large waves for the Cape Ann area, and is very close to downtown Newburyport which is always fun.


Everyone that is familiar with Plum Island knows that it has been severely eroding over the past few years. And with this months torrential downpours and flooding in Massachusetts, I'm worried that Plum Island might no longer be the same place I know and love. Already a few homes have lost decks and porches into the water, and the geography of the island has been changing dramatically.


These are some photos of Plum the way I remember it. Hopefully I'll head up there soon- as soon as the weather is warm enough- and let you know how it is looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment