navigation

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Downton Abbey's Lady Grantham - Unknowingly Green!

I am a huge Downton Abbey enthusiast, and I am eagerly awaiting the U.S. season 3 premiere! And since I always keep my eye out for green ideas - I thought I would share some of my favorite quotes of Cousin Violet/Dowager Countess of Grantham when she is being unknowingly green. Afterall, she thinks electricity is pointless! She prefers living off the grid (before people really knew what the grid was!).


"I couldn't have electricity in the house, I wouldn't sleep a wink. All those vapors floating about."

“First electricity, now telephones. Sometimes I feel as if I’m living in an H.G. Wells novel.”

Just a reminder that we can still be classy without all of the latest and greatest technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment